In partnership with parents, the mission of the International Montessori School - an IMEF School (IMS) is to foster an inclusive child-oriented, creative and Montessori bilingual learning environment, which nurtures a child’s innate desire to learn and discover, and enables the child to discover their own personal excellence, to move at his or her own pace and fully develop their own individual gifts and talents through challenging expectations, self-reflection, and purposeful engagement in the world. In order to fulfil this mission and ensure the health, safety and well-being of all children in our community, IMS requires parents’ agreement to the following:
1. Parents shall demonstrate respect for all adults and children, the school, and the school’s programmes and policies as described in the IMS Parent Handbook. Parents agree to follow all policies, procedure and guidelines of IMS, including amendments, additions, abridgements and deletions as may be deemed necessary to be introduced by the School at any time during the year.
2. For re-enrollment at the Stanley campus, please note that the Hong Kong Government requires all children enrolling at the Stanley Campus to travel to and from school by School Bus, public transportation, or on foot. Drop-off and pick-up by private car or taxi is not permitted. Confirmation of your child’s re-enrolment at the Stanley Campus indicates your agreement to abide by these conditions.
1. Tuition fees as defined by the School for the 2022-23 academic year are collected over ten (10) instalments in an academic year. Any event fee, material and / or camp fees defined by the School are due and payable upon the student’s enrolment in the relevant Programme. In case of subsequent withdrawal, these fees are not refundable.
2. A Registration Fee (equivalent to two (2) instalments of tuition fees) is payable upon re-enrolment (for existing students) or acceptance of a place offer (for new students). This Registration Fee is not refundable and will be offset against 2022-23 Tuition Fees.
3. Tuition payments must be made by Direct Debit (Autopay). Direct Debit Authorization form shall be completed in accordance with the Direct Debit (Autopay) Set-up Arrangement 2022-23.
4. All Tuition and other Fees are not refundable, transferable or otherwise creditable.
5. Tuition for the full month shall be payable for enrolment for any part of the month. No reduction in school fees shall be made for any absence from school or the closure of the school due to force majeure events like terrorism, bad weather, natural disasters, war, strike, riot, epidemic/pandemic and/or any other matters beyond the reasonable control of the School which in the reasonable opinion of the School materially hinders, prevents, or obstructs the School from its normal daily operation. In the event of the occurrence of the said force majeure events, this Agreement shall remain subsisting and binding and the parties hereto agree that the School is entitled, at its absolute discretion adjust the class schedule, and/or to implement on-line teaching or its equivalent in the place and stead of normal campus on-site teaching.
6. Fees are due on the 1st day of the month. In case of outstanding school fees and other unpaid invoices, the student shall not be allowed to attend school, and the school reserves the right to limit access to the School Portal and /or withhold the student’s school report and any other records.
7. The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) Fee shall be collected on behalf of the PTA upon the student’s re-enrolment in IMS.
The School Manager must be notified in writing of any withdrawals from any IMS Programmes. For any such withdrawals, the following terms apply:
1. For any withdrawals during the current academic year, two (2) complete calendar months’ notice is required. Notice must be served prior to the last day of the calendar month, or a full tuition instalment shall be charged.
2. For withdrawals for the upcoming academic year:
a. Students enrolled in one of the above programmes for the current year must give notice of withdrawal for the upcoming year prior to 31 March. In the event that a student withdraws from the upcoming academic year any time between 1 April and the commencement of the new academic year, the first two tuition instalments of the new academic year shall be charged.
b. Students who have accepted a re-enrolment offer for the upcoming school year, and who subsequently do not attend IMS, will be charged the first two tuition instalments of the upcoming academic year regardless of the date of withdrawal.
For the purposes of this Agreement, “IMS” and “School” refer to the International Montessori School - an IMEF School, a registered Hong Kong Charity.